Roku.com/Express Basic Model Setup
Of all the streaming media player brands, it is universally known that Roku is the market leader. Amongst the various models available from this streaming giant, the one that is both cost-effective and has great functionality is the Roku.com/Express. This model is a part of the fifth generation of Roku players released in the year 2016.Out of the five models released in the same year, the Roku.com/Express is the basic model, which is also easily available on any of the popular online stores.
Call us on our toll-free number @ +1 855 739 5780 for Setup, Activation, Trouble shoot
The technical specifications associated with this model include:
- Video output: 720p and 1080p.
- Video-up conversion: up-scaling of 720p to 1080p.
- Audio output: Dolby Audio pass-through via HDMI.
- Networking: WEP, WPA and WPA2 support.
- Size: 1.4 x 3.3 x 0.7 inches.
- Weight: 1.3 ounces.
Setup of the Roku.com/Express
Use the subsequent steps to setup any Roku player:
Note: The steps to setup the Roku TV is slightly different.
- Use the power adaptor for powering up the player
- Connect the device using a high-speed HDMI cable with the television set
Note: Sometimes, the USB connection alone is sufficient to power up the device and it might not require a separate adaptor. However, if you see a red light in your device, then it means that it is not receiving sufficient power.
- The next important thing is to connect the player to an internet-enabled router
- This could be done using either a wireless or a wired connection
- The setting for a wireless connection involves the following steps:
- Roku Home screen Settings Network Wireless (Wi-Fi) à Setup new Wi-Fi connection
- The setting for the wired connection involves:
- Roku Home screen Settings Network Wired (Ethernet)
Installation of the Roku.com/Express
The setup process remains incomplete if the device is not installed with the appropriate software and the necessary firmware. They happen automatically once the Roku device has been connected to the internet. Once the software and firmware download has been accomplished, activate your Roku player with the activation code that appears on your TV screen. Login to your Roku account from another device (laptop/PC or mobile phone) and enter the code that flashes on your TV screen. This is generally an alphanumeric code (containing both alphabets and numbers. With the help of this simple tutorial, we hope that you successfully complete both the setup and installation of your Roku.com/Express. For any queries call our toll-free number at +1 855 739 5780 or you can also chat with our live assistant at my-roku-com.com