Roku Setup Problems
Roku setup and activation is very simple. But very rarely you will have Roku setup problems which can be easily resolved following the steps given below.
- First to activate Roku streaming device or Roku TV you should have a Roku account.
- In case you don’t have Roku account simply create a new account with the link provided on the website where you can choose required channels and you will be directed to a payment gateway where you can use the payment options listed and make the payment.
- Your account will have all the details about the channels you have subscribed and your desired settings.
- During activation, you will have to visit our website roku.com/link from your computer or your smartphone and you will have to enter the link code that is provided on your device, e.g. “XD12G”.
- For further assistance linking your device just go through this article. It will help you troubleshoot linking your device.
Possible Roku Setup Problems Activating your Device
Error Message When You Enter The Link Code
An error message will occur in case you have typed the link code incorrectly. Try for a second time and type the correct link code properly.
After typing the link code correctly if you still receive error message then do the following
- Press the start button ’*’ on your Roku device and select Get a new code.
- After you get the new link code, return to the website roku.com/link and enter the new link code.
Screen Stuck-With Link Code Screen After Entering The New Link Code
After typing the code the screen may just get stuck with the entering the link code page. This may happen rarely. So please wait for some more time until the activation process gets completed. In case the Roku device shows the same screen try doing the following.
- You have to complete all the activation steps on the website before activating the Roku device.
Note: you should complete all the steps in the Roku webpage for activation; else your Roku device activation will not be complete.
- After completing all the activation steps, if you see “Error 001” and “not connected” on the upper right corner of the TV it means the device is not connected to any network.
- -> Select Try Again
- If that does not work, check your internet connection or Read “what to do if you cannot connect to home network or internet”.
For further assistance on Roku setup problems call +1 855 739 5780 to our customer care executives who can provide you the required help and guide you through the activation process. For more information on Roku setup problems visit us at my-roku-com.com