Have you asked “ why is my Roku screen purple?”
If you are wondering “ why is my Roku screen purple ?” then it is generally displayed by a Roku streaming player, when the HDCP content gets disabled or unauthorized. What does it mean when the HDCP gets disabled?
The HDCP actually detects if the TV or Audio/Video Receiver supports the proper content protection technology.
- This content protection HDCP prevents the copying of audio as well as the video content through the HDMI cable link.
- In case HDCP is not supported by your TV, a purple screen appears.
You might consider using the first basic solution which solves this issue, which is pressing the Home button, and opting for a printer reset. A reset fixes the device, and if it goes into the standby mode, try resetting again.
- This purple screen with a message HDCP unauthorized content disabled, usually gets displayed when the TV or the Audio or Video Receiver is not promptly connected to the HDCP.
- This HDCP is nothing but the content protection technology, which is installed (Roku.com/link) for preventing copying the content which is streamed.
- Apart from the above few other circumstances that lead to why is my Roku screen purple? Is probably due to a faulty HDMI cable or HDMI connector can also give way to this purple screen.
- Try unplugging the HDMI cable, and switching off the Roku device.
- Reconnect the HDMI, and try loading the video. If the issue still persists, try these additional suggestions.
- Insert a different HDMI, as this might prove useful, if the used HDMI has defects.
- Try it with different TV, to find if it causes TV issues.
- Check the display feature settings in the device settings.
- If the purple screen is shown after your Roku installation for the first time, check if HDCP is supported.
- You may reach out to our experts for personalized guidance.
Guidance on why is my Roku screen purple? is provided by a team of well-qualified experts who have great expertise in troubleshooting Roku products call our toll-free number at +1-855-739-5780 or visit us at my-roku-com.com. You can be well assured of excellent troubleshooting and guidance served to you.